Top best answers to the question «How to block access to a website on a network»
- Open the browser and go to Tools (alt+x) > Internet Options. Now click the security tab and then click the red Restricted sites icon. Click the Sites button below the icon.
- Now in the pop-up, manually type the websites you want to block one-by-one. Click Add after typing the name of each site.
Block Sites Through Router
- Find your router's IP, and type it into any browser's address bar to get to its settings page…
- Once you're in your router settings page, look for a setting called Block Sites, Access Restrictions, or something similar…
- Once you find the setting, enter the domains you want to block.
6 other answers
In order for a network to block sites on the web in a certain category, network administrators just click on the name of the category via a web-based management platform. Keyword filters block access to web pages containing a specific word or phrase, and can be used to prevent users visiting certain types of online content without blocking access to a whole category of content.
How to easily block a Website or App on WiFi Router Network? If playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your device. Videos you watch may be added to the TV's watch history and influence TV ...
Freedom — This free application blocks sites, apps, or all Internet access, plus includes support for whitelisting, block scheduling, and locked mode that can’t be disabled. It also works on pretty much every browser or operating system. SelfControl — Only for Mac, this free and open source app is super simple.
Comodo Internet Security allows you to block or allow access to specific websites, or groups of websites, to different users. This involves two steps: Define Website Categories and add websites Create Firewall rules for allowing or blocking website categories to selected users
You simply access your cloud administration panel, navigate to category controls, and you can restrict access to 53 different categories of website using the checkbox options. Apply those changes and all websites in those categories will be blocked.
In the web interface on the Device lists page you can choose the necessary device, in its settings in the 'Connection policy' field set it to 'No Internet access' and press the 'Save' button. It's also easy to block internet access with the Keenetic mobile app. For more information, see the article Blocking Internet access via the Keenetic app.