When can you legally get a job in oregon?

Coy Murray asked a question: When can you legally get a job in oregon?
Asked By: Coy Murray
Date created: Wed, Feb 24, 2021 9:42 PM
Date updated: Sun, Aug 7, 2022 3:54 PM


Top best answers to the question «When can you legally get a job in oregon»

14 years old

In general, a minor must be at least 14 years old to work in Oregon. In specific industries like agriculture or entertainment, BOLI's Wage and Hour Division may approve work for younger individuals.

7 other answers

Sick time. Oregon law gives all workers sick time. All Oregon workers get protected sick time. You get at least 1 hour of protected sick time for every 30 hours you work up to 40 hours per year. (Employers can choose to frontload at least 40 hours of sick time at the beginning of the year.)

Oregon considers anyone under the age of 18 a minor. Minors can legally work in the state if they are 14 or older under certain restrictions. Minors under 14 can also work so long as they are employed in certain industries, such as farming. Minors Under 14

Of course, if you're 14 or 15 years old you can get a work permit in Oregon, but otherwise there isn't too much information on this page that will help you. With that being said, if you're under 16 years of age and don't have a work permit, please select the appropriate age below to find jobs that suit your age group.

If you are a private sector employee, you must received overtime pay when you work over 40 hours in a workweek. (If you work 45 hours during one workweek, your employer could choose to schedule you for 35 hours during the following week, but you would still need to receive pay for the five hours of overtime during the first workweek.)

A divorce legally ends a marriage or a Registered Domestic Partnership (RDP). In Oregon divorce is called "dissolution of marriage." A dissolution of marriage or a RDP is started when one spouse or partner files a petition for dissolution. The spouse or partner who files the petition is called the petitioner.

It is required for citizens and non-citizens. There are portions to be completed by the employer as well as by the employee. Employers must verify the documents presented by the employee and retain copies of the I-9 form in their files.

The standard recommendation for entering this line of work is getting a Commercial Driver’s License and exploring jobs in your local area. Note that if you have restrictions on the areas you are legally allowed to live in and the distance that you are legally allowed to travel you may not be able to take long-distance job opportunities.

Your Answer